Monday, May 11, 2009

Veggie Sausage Love

I love breakfast! I didn't always love it, in fact, for most of my life I never even ate breakfast. Too scared that those extra calories would surely cause me to gain weight. Back in the day, that is, pre holistic health counseling, I think I based everything I ate on calories and whether or not I would gain weight. Thankfully...those days are gone!

Which brings me to this post about breakfast. The meal that has become, at least to me, something I really look forward to. Sometimes at night I actually sit and think about what I will have the next day. Waffles? Breakfast burrito?? Fruit, nut and cheese plate??? Or my favorite, one egg with a little cheese melted inside, a veggie breakfast sausage and a slice of Ezekial bread with cashew butter and homemade jelly. Could there BE a better breakfast??
My favorite part of this meal is the veggie sausage. I love a little bit of protein in the morning and love the taste of morningstar farms vegetarian sausage. I'm pretty picky about the kind of meat or pork I eat, and, limit it to only local farms where I know exactly how the animals are treated and the kind of life they live before they make their way to my plate. That is in itself a whole other post. Often, our budget doesn't allow for those kinds of purchases so I stick with my trusty veggie sausage. They are full of flavor, great consistency and turn out quite meaty for being filled with vegetables!

So, if you're looking for a new breakfast idea...check out some veggie sausage....your eggs will thank you for the new addition!

3 comments: